Hi All –
Welcome November and a Happy Thanksgiving to all !
- The next FMLCGC General meeting will be held Friday, November 12, with hospitality from 9-9:30am. Our program will be provided by Kathy Woodlock, Accredited Flower Show Judge – “A Williamsburg Christmas Decoration Demo”. We are asking people to RSVP if they plan to attend; RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 941-979-0615.
- FMLCGC Yearbooks are available and can be picked up at the FMLCGC HQ building on Tuesdays from 10am-1pm.
- Bonsai Society of SW FL Annual Show/Sale will be held Saturday, November 6, 9-5pm and Sunday, November 7, 9-3pm at FMLCGC Headquarters
- CELEBRATION OF LIFE-for Jean Shields will be held at Berne Davis Gardens Nov. 12th 2-4pm.
- Poinciana Garden Club Annual Plant and Yard Sale is Saturday Nov 13th 8a-5pm at FMLCGC.
- Edison Ford Estates is hosting “Build an Herb Mound” on Nov 13th, 10am. Admission for the presentation is $15 for non-members, $10 for members.
- Alva Garden Club is hosting a presentation by John Cassani, Calusa Waterkeeper.org Nov 16th, 1pm at Alva United Methodist Church, 21440 Pearl St.
- FMLCGC Flower Show “The World is Yours to Explore” will be held on Friday, November 19, 1-4pm, and Saturday, November 20, 10-3pm at FMLCGC Headquarters. We are still looking for members to enter the Botanical Arts section, and of course we’re hoping for many of our members to submit horticulture entries.
- The American Hibiscus Society Winter Hibiscus Sale will be held Saturday, November 20 and Sunday, November 21 at the Edison Ford Winter Estates Plant Sale
- Edison Ford Winter Estates Garden Festiva is Nov 20-21st 9am- 4pm.
- Cookie Social is Dec. 10th at 1pm at FMLCGC all are welcome! RSVP by Dec 3rd to Slawson921@gmail.com if you’d like to join in the fun.
- PLEASE NOTE: SWFL Orchid Society Annual Fundraiser will be held the 2nd Tuesday in February, not Nov 9th.
Please make sure to share this information with your club members.
As always, if you have questions, please feel free to contact me. Hope to see you at one of our events.
Fondly,Susan Lawson,President, Fort Myers – Lee County Garden Council