photos by Anina Bachrach click here
Hi All –
Welcome November and a Happy Thanksgiving to all !
- The next FMLCGC General meeting will be held Friday, November 12, with hospitality from 9-9:30am. Our program will be provided by Kathy Woodlock, Accredited Flower Show Judge – “A Williamsburg Christmas Decoration Demo”. We are asking people to RSVP if they plan to attend; RSVP to email@example.com or 941-979-0615.
- FMLCGC Yearbooks are available and can be picked up at the FMLCGC HQ building on Tuesdays from 10am-1pm.
- Bonsai Society of SW FL Annual Show/Sale will be held Saturday, November 6, 9-5pm and Sunday, November 7, 9-3pm at FMLCGC Headquarters
- CELEBRATION OF LIFE-for Jean Shields will be held at Berne Davis Gardens Nov. 12th 2-4pm.
- Poinciana Garden Club Annual Plant and Yard Sale is Saturday Nov 13th 8a-5pm at FMLCGC.
- Edison Ford Estates is hosting “Build an Herb Mound” on Nov 13th, 10am. Admission for the presentation is $15 for non-members, $10 for members.
- Alva Garden Club is hosting a presentation by John Cassani, Calusa Waterkeeper.org Nov 16th, 1pm at Alva United Methodist Church, 21440 Pearl St.
- FMLCGC Flower Show “The World is Yours to Explore” will be held on Friday, November 19, 1-4pm, and Saturday, November 20, 10-3pm at FMLCGC Headquarters. We are still looking for members to enter the Botanical Arts section, and of course we’re hoping for many of our members to submit horticulture entries.
- The American Hibiscus Society Winter Hibiscus Sale will be held Saturday, November 20 and Sunday, November 21 at the Edison Ford Winter Estates Plant Sale
- Edison Ford Winter Estates Garden Festiva is Nov 20-21st 9am- 4pm.
- Cookie Social is Dec. 10th at 1pm at FMLCGC all are welcome! RSVP by Dec 3rd to Slawson921@gmail.com if you’d like to join in the fun.
- PLEASE NOTE: SWFL Orchid Society Annual Fundraiser will be held the 2nd Tuesday in February, not Nov 9th.
Please make sure to share this information with your club members.
As always, if you have questions, please feel free to contact me. Hope to see you at one of our events.
Fondly,Susan Lawson,President, Fort Myers – Lee County Garden Council
click on GCGC logo to return to home page
The Bonsai Society of Southwest Florida
Please see attached flyer for the Bonsai Society 40th Annual Show and Sale.
Date: Nov 6-7th, 2021
UF IFAS Collier Extension Yard and Garden Show
Please click here for the Naples Yard and Garden Show Flyer. The event will take place Saturday, November 13th, and Sunday, November 14th.
Fort Myers – Lee County Garden Council hosts an NGC Flower Show, “The World is Yours to Explore,” a Standard Flower Show honoring Garden Council President Judy Francino.
November 19-20, 2021
Fort Myers – Lee County Garden Council Headquarters
2166 Virginia Avenue, Fort Myers, Florida 33901
Open to the Public – Free Admission and Parking
Friday, November 19 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Saturday, November 20 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Click here for schedule.
click on GCGC Logo to return to home page
Meeting Photographs by Anina Bachrach click here
Gulf Coast Garden Club
November 8, 2021
General Meeting Agenda
9:00am – Hospitality: Sign in, 50/50 & Basket tickets, Coffee, Treats, Conversation
- Conserve by bringing your own cup!
9:30am – General Meeting
- Opening Remarks: President Pat Townsend
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Inspirational Message
9:45am – Program:
‘EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT Tropical Roses’. Debbie Hughes, Horticulture Director, Edison and Ford Winter Estates. Debbie will demonstrate her expertise in regards to the unique aspects of growing Topical roses in Florida.
10:30am – Break
11:00am – Business Meeting
- Fill Club positions. Need members to fill the following positions. GCGC will announce candidates at the February 2022 meeting, voting will be in March 2022 and Installation is at the April 2022 meeting.
* Secretary * Blossoms Bulletin * President
- Holiday/Christmas Luncheon –
- Flower/Horticulture Show & Plant Sale
Start growing your offerings for our February 2022 plant sale. We also want YOU to step up for our Flower/Horticulture Show. We need participants to work the event as well as floral designers and your horticulture offerings. Let me, Pat Townsend, know how you would like to participate.
Be sure to bring your GCGC Yearbook to review activities.
- Future Activities: See below for Bonsai Society 40th Annual Show and Sale, Collier County Extension Yard and Garden Show, and FMLCGC Flower Show coming up in November.
New Business: Bring up any topics that we should discuss.
See you all Monday, 11/8/21. Bring your smiles and enjoy!
Pat Townsend, President