click here to return to home page
DIVISION II – DESIGN RULES
- The Design classes are limited to four entries, except Petites, which are six entries. Exhibitors may enter only one exhibit in each class but may enter as many classes as desired.
- Entries MUST be pre-registered with Patricia Townsend by January 15, 2023.
- Designs MUST be the work of one exhibitor.
- All Designs MUST contain some fresh plant material.
- The following ARE NOT permitted: Artificial plant material, the treating of fresh plant materials in any manner; cut fruit/vegetable or prepared foods; or natural bird’s nests; or insects, fish, birds, or animals; landscapes or scenes; or national flags.
- The following ARE permitted: treated or dried plant materials; plant material need not to be grown by exhibitor; boxed, canned, and packaged food are permitted.
- Plant material MUST be names on a 3” x 5” card and on an entry card. A brief explanation of the design may be included.
- Designs are to be the first time entered or judged in an NGC Flower Show.
- Judges are requested to provide comments on all exhibits.
- The scale of points for design is listed in the Handbook for Flower Shows, Chapter 14.
- One Best in Show award will be offered in the Design Division, Section A.
- The exhibitor is required to conform to the stated description and limitations of the design type, if named. The rules are stated in the Handbook for Flower Shows, Chapter 7.
- Exhibits will be accepted NOON to 5PM, Thursday, February 23, 2023, and 9AM to 10:30AM Friday, February 24, 2023.
- Judging will commence at 11AM Friday, February 24, 2023.
- All entries must be removed between 3PM – 4PM on Saturday, February 25, 2023.
- The decision of the judges is final.